Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Getting Used to a New Operating System



The new computers installed at the Middlesex North Registry of Deeds last week run on Windows 7. My computer at home uses Microsoft Vista (don't laugh) so this is my first experience with the Windows 7 OS.

Honestly,...I like it. Of course, Windows 7 takes some getting used to, just like anything else that is new.

Microsoft Office was also upgraded during the "refresh" on some of the internal registry computers and it needed to be. We were running Office 2000, which is several generations old.

For most of us the new version of Office is a new look, but the more we play with it the more we like it. One thing in particular that I noticed, MS Access looks completely different in the newer version, which sure makes my database work...shall we say interesting.

Keep in mind... from the public's point of view Windows 7 has only minor effects on how our system displays or operates.

No comments: