Friday, June 11, 2010

The ScanLife

I think ScanLife will change the world (yes, I know... I'm always saying something is going to change the world, but this time I mean it).
The first time I heard of ScanLife it was being used by a real estate broker in New York City. It is the greatest (Sure, I know...everything is the greatest to me).
Oh, yes, yes, I almost forgot the important part, "What the heck" is ScanLife?...ScanLife is an application that allows a smart phone to read barcode labels.
Incredible...what potential.
How do you get ScanLife? It is available "free" to download for iPhones, Blackberries and most other smart phones.

Here's an example...the high powered, New York City real estate agent I mentioned above ran an advertisements for one of his upscale listings in a newspaper and...he included a ScanLife Barcode label in the Ad. Now, any smart phone with the ScanLife App can read that barcode. Using mobile tagging the ScanLife label linked the reader to detailed listing data, broker contact information, a video tour of the house, photos and even driving directions.

Come on...you've got to love it. What an earth-shattering idea (excuse my over enthusiasm)

Again, just think of the potential...a record producer could put a ScanLife a barcode on a music CD that links to the cost of the CD, information about the artists, sample songs etc.
Amazing! ScanLife is the best thing since sliced bread...(so, maybe I'm exaggerating a little)

The image below is an actual ScanLife barcode. If you have the App on your smart phone just aim, press and watch the results.

















This video demonstrates how ScanLife works...

No comments: