Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Call Me Chrome Man



Today May 5, 2010 is a big day for me...

This morning while eating Shredded Wheat with my wife I made a life changing decision.
I didn’t tell her about my decision. I didn’t want to worry her.

Every major decision has consequences. And truthfully, I’m ready and one needs to be ready to make such a big decision and handle the consequences.

Any hesitation I might have had during breakfast dissipated as my mind recited Robert Frost’s famous poem “Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I-- took the one less travel by, and that has made all the difference”.

Today...I’ve decided...to change my life. Today...I've decided...to change my Web Browser.

I’ve been a Morzilla Firefox guy for the past three years. In fact I really like Firefox.
But today... I am officially announcing I've changed to Chrome, Google’s Web Browser. To paraphrase Shakespeare’s Brutus “it is not that I love Firefox less, it is that I love Chrome more”.


I have been mulling this decision for several months now.

Every time I logged into YouTube Google tempts me with a message “YouTube works better with Chrome”.
It does?, I thought.
Every time I logged into my Gmail account Google tempts me with a message “Gmail is faster with Google Chrome”.
It is?, I thought.

Finally, this morning, between bites of Shredded Wheat, I had an epiphany.
I need to make a change. I need YouTube to work better. I need my Gmail to be faster. I need to be...A Chrome Man.

And now, I am.
If you would like to be a Chrome Man (or Woman) too the download is easy...its making the decisions that is the tough part.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Tony! Tony! Tony!
You seem to want a new technical toy at every turn... Can't you be content with plain "Goggle" or
Internet Explorer" - you know the old standbys. Good luck in your quest.